Yoga in the morning is a great way to start your day. Before rushing into things, you can slowly wake up and prepare yourself mentally and psychically for a busy day. But if you don’t have the time, the twist is a good one to include in your morning routine.
Doing a twist has many beneficial effects on your body.
1. It will ring out all your tension and toxins like twisting a wet towel
2. It balances you out
3. It improves the flexibility of the spine and makes it supple
4. It creates a “squeeze and soak” action from which yogis believe it improves the functioning of many internal organs
5. It’s good for digestion and relieves gas and constipation
6. It calms your nervous system
You can either do a lying or seated twist. Hold for about 30 seconds and then stretch the other way.