The Mother of Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potato is basically heaven on earth to me. So easy to combine with whatever you’re craving, be it peanut butter, black beans or salad.
I was feeling like a bit of everything this time around. I wanted burrito’s, but not really. Taco’s? Meh. Or sweet potato fries with ketchup? Nah.
So I just decided to throw all of them together. Here you go guys, the Mother of Baked Sweet Potatoes.
3 sweet potatoes (or more, but be sure to use more of the following ingredients too)
1 small bag of rocket
½ tin of organic black beans, drained & washed
1 small tin of organic corn
⅓ of a regular sized organic cucumber
garlic powder to taste
“all spices” seasoning to taste
1 yellow onion, sliced thin
3 tbsps coconut yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp ketchup
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Perforate each potato with a fork for about 5-6 times per potato. That way the heat can penetrate more easily and evenly. Wrap each potato in aluminium foil and place on a baking sheet or rack.
- Bake for 45 minutes for smaller potatoes or 1 hour or more for bigger sized potatoes. I cooked mine 45 minutes.
- While your potatoes are in the oven, slice up the onion and water sauté them. You can do so by placing the onions in a non-stick fry pan in 1-2 tbsps of water and cook them until they’re translucent, adding water as soon as your water dries up. This will avoid your seasons from sticking to the pan. Keep on “frying” them until they’re brown in color. Feel free to season them with a bit of salt & pepper as well. When they’re done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Warm up the black beans by transferring them to a small cooking pan and add seasoning (garlic powder, spices, salt & pepper). Once done, set aside.
- Slice up your cucumber and drain the corn. Set aside.
- To make the “sour cream” mixture, simply mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice and a tiny dash of salt & pepper.
- Once your sweet potatoes are done, slide them open lengthwise.
- Add the beans, corn, onions, cucumber, and all the other topping in the desired order.
- Top off with your sour cream & ketchup if desired. Enjoy! xo
Text: Celina Liya
Images: Celina Liya
Link website: https://celinaliya.com/food-drinks/2017/5/6/the-mother-of-baked-sweet-potatoes