It has been for-freaking-ever since I wrote a blog post. But I’m back, and I’m coming at ya.. hard!
As you can see I gave my site a bit of a fresh-up because new beginnings call for new layouts! ..right? Haha
To celebrate the new site and new beginnings, I decided to whip up this bad boy for you guys.
It’s a creamy & dreamy cheesecake. Of course all vegan and as healthy as possible. If you enjoyed this recipe and decide to recreate it, be sure to tag me on Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
- 2 cups of oats
- 5 squares of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tbsps sugar of choice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked in really hot/boiled water for at least 1 hour
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (be sure to shake before measuring)
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted coconut oil (be sure to allow to cool off after melting)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps flax seeds
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Grease a 6” springform pan with a bit of coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Melt your chocolate and coconut oil and allow to cool off a bit.
- Mix your oats (by hand in a bowl) with the chocolate/oil mixture and add sugar, salt & cinnamon.
- Transfer the oats mixture to your springform pan and press down evenly. You can also use a spoon or glass to flatten it out evenly. Place your springform pan in the freezer.
- Take a small bowl and mix your blueberries with your flax seeds and a dash of water. Set aside.
- Take your blender out and add all the cheesecake ingredients, but the blueberries, flax seeds, water and maple syrup. Blend the mixture until it’s entirely smooth and creamy.
- Now take your springform pan out of the freezer and pour your cheesecake mixture on top of it. Place back in freezer.
- Rinse out the blender, and add the berry mixture with maple syrup until its fully incorporated.
- Take out your springform and pour the berry mixture on top.
- Place back in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours and allow to thaw a bit before cutting.
If desired, melt some white chocolate and drizzle on top before serving!
Text, recipe and images: Celina Liya