“There is no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” We love this quote by Scott Adams because it’s oh so true. Kindness creates more kindness, simple as that. Let’s spread kindness around like confetti!
5 Simple Ways to Celebrate World Kindness Day … every day
World Kindness Day is celebrated every year on November 13th. A beautiful day to remind ourselves to be good to others and ourselves. But why should we limit kindness to just one day of the year? We have gathered 5 simple ways to celebrate World Kindness Day that you can do every single day.
- Give someone a compliment. Your partner, your colleague, your dog… everybody loves a compliment! Share a few nice words with them and watch their face light up :-) Bonus points if you walk up to a random stranger, even if it’s just to wish them a beautiful day!
- Write a love letter. Or, you know, send a sweet text message. Leave a post-it note in an unexpected place to tell someone you appreciate them. Written words have power, especially if they’re words of kindness and gratitude.
- Share what you have. Invite someone for dinner, bring cookies to work or donate to a cause that is close to your heart. If you’re lucky enough to have things, why not share with others as well?
- Smile! This might be the easiest act of kindness that can have the biggest effect. Simply smile – when you enter a room, when you pick up the phone, when you make eye contact with somebody on the street. Make it a habit and watch your life transform. Sounds too simple to be true? Try it out and see for yourself :-)
- Be kind to yourself. Remember that you can’t pour from an empty cup. It’s wonderful to do good things for others, but don’t forget to be kind to yourself, too. Say nice things to yourself in the mirror. Think kind thoughts whenever possible. Take yourself out on a date or go to your favorite yoga class. The list is endless, and different for everybody. Find what feels good and then do that often. ❤
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. – Dalai Lama
Once you make kindness a habit, it gets easier. You will come up with more and more good things, just because you can :-) Need some inspiration? Check the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation for more good deeds for every day. What is your favorite way to spread kindness? Share with us down below or via social media!
Urban Goddess – World Kindness Day by Marielle Ursua
The video above was made with Canva’s Online Video Editor. Try it out if you’re curious :)